Delicious Cappuccino Recipes
We have gathered some of the best cappuccino recipes out there for you to try at home, no matter if you enjoy cappuccino as an occasional reward or as a daily treat.
Every lover of cappuccino, knows the warm joy you get when that hot, frothy, delicious cappuccino, hits your taste buds for the first time.
Many of us have to go to our local coffee shop to satisfy our desires. Others have taken their love of cappuccino to the next level and purchased an espresso maker for their home.
Whether you own an espresso machine or not, it is no longer necessary to go to a coffee house to get your fix. There are many great cappuccino recipes that can easily be made in your own home. You don’t need to be a chef, barista, or even a good cook to create superb cappuccino to enjoy at any time.
With these easy and tasty recipes, you will be able to impress even the most discerning coffee connoisseur with your prowess in the kitchen.
First, for anyone who hasn’t yet experienced the steamy warmth of a cappuccino, let me explain what a basic cappuccino is. Cappuccino is simply espresso sandwiched between a layer of steamed milk and a layer of frothed milk. The type and quality of the beans used, will affect the final product.
Having an espresso machine with a frothing adapter is ideal, but not a requirement, in all of the cappuccino recipes we have compiled.
We will begin with a basic cappuccino and then follow with more creative and decadent cappuccinos.
- Using your espresso machine, make 2 to 3 ounces of espresso.
- Next, using the frothing attachment, steam 4 to 6 ounces of milk, creating 2 to 3 ounces of steamed milk and 2 to 3 ounces of frothed milk.
- Let milk set for about one minute, to allow milk and froth to separate completely.
- Pour steamed milk into cup, followed by espresso.
- Finally, spoon frothed milk on top of espresso.
Cappuccino Without Espresso MachineThis is basic cappuccino, just adapted for those who don’t have espresso makers.
- Add 1 ½ teaspoons of coffee granules to one cup of boiling water.
- Mix coffee with 1 ½ cups of very hot milk and 3 teaspoons of sugar.
- Sip and enjoy.
The Milky WayThis cappuccino recipe calls for chocolate, caramel, and espresso, need I say more?
Make the basic cappuccino, but before you add the milk, add 2 tablespoons of chocolate and 2-3 tablespoons of caramel to the cappuccino (syrup straight out of the bottle works great). Yummy!
Frappe Cappuccino (Frappuccino)This is cold, blended cappuccino, icy goodness.
- Make one shot of espresso, either with espresso machine or coffee granules.
- Add espresso, 4 to 5 ounces of milk, 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar and one cup of ice to a blender.
- Blend until the drink is smooth. Delicious!